University Middle School Principal: Andrea Tucker 973-399-6879 Ext 1608
University Middle School Dean: Mr. Derrick Edmundson 973-399-6879 Ext 1619
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext 1115
- Have monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly workshops with University Middle School Counselors/HSSC/Dean that will focus on academics, social development, conflict resolution, and time management skills.
- Have the opportunity to attend a presentation on assessment data at the October PTA meeting at their school.
- Have the opportunity to participate on the School Leadership Council and School Safety Team.
- Receive quarterly progress reports and communication (telephone, e-mail, conferences, letters) from teachers regarding their child’s academic progress.
- Have the opportunity to visit their child’s classroom to observe academic performance with 24 hours notice to the school principal.
- Have the opportunity to develop academic intervention plans through the Intervention and Referral Services Committee (I & RS).
- Receive correspondence (flyers, broadcast calls, newsletters, Twitter) from administration, in a timely manner, about events and activities to expand parental and community participation
- Have the opportunity to participate in activities and events, with their children, that are designed to motivate students through our Positive Behavior Support In Schools (PBSIS) program
- Have the opportunity to attend parent workshops and become familiar with technology that will enable parents to assist their children
- Have the opportunity to meet with administration, when necessary, to discuss matters that will assist in the academic and social achievement of their child.