Updated: July 9, 2020
Our website strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. irvington.k12.nj.us has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort, and independence.
Accessibility on irvington.k12.nj.us
irvington.k12.nj.us makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows irvington.k12.nj.us to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The irvington.k12.nj.us accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Irvington Public Schools has begun a project to make this website conformant with the recommendations of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C.) There is no definitive test nor certification of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG but we are using a variety of methods for assessing accessibility.
In this ongoing effort to continually improve and remediate accessibility issues, we also regularly scan irvington.k12.nj.us to identify and fix every possible accessibility barrier on our site. Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on irvington.k12.nj.us fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
If you are experiencing difficulty accessing content on this site, please contact us during normal business hours and we will be happy to assist. Please do not hesitate to contact 1-973-399-6808 OR email@example.com. We will work with you to ensure that you have access to the publicly available content on the site. Please note the following:
- Contact us by phone at 1-973-399-6808
- Contact us via our firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irvington Public Schools has used WCAG guidelines for compliance as suggested by the Department of Justice. Though some of the compliance found in WCAG conforms with 508 Compliance, we are not 508 Compliant.
- Irvington Public Schools chose to use WCAG for compliance because they are determined by the W3C, the consortium that makes all guidelines for the Internet, worldwide.
- There is a project underway to make PDFs accessible. If you need help accessing a PDF, please contact us at 1-973-399-6808 and email@example.com.