University Elementary Principal: Dr. Chinaire Simons
University Elementary Parent Coordinator: Tykyannah Fields-Brown 973-399-6826 ext. 1167
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext: 1115
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and for the safety and security of the scholars and staff, parents will not be permitted into the school building for gatherings, assemblies and in-person meetings.
- Have virtual monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly workshops with Parent Coordinator that will focus on academics, social development, conflict resolution, and time management skills.
- Have the opportunity to virtually attend and review information relating to assessment data at the November PTA meeting (if assessment data is available).
- Have the opportunity to participate on the School Leadership Council and School Safety Team virtually.
- Receive quarterly progress reports and communication (telephone, e-mail, conferences, letters) from teachers, regarding their scholar’s academic progress.
- Have the opportunity to visit their scholar’s virtual classroom to observe academic performance with 24 hours notice to the school principal.
- Have the opportunity to assist in developing academic intervention plans, virtually, through the Intervention and Referral Service (I&RS) Committee.