Mount Vernon Elementary School Principal: Ms. Nicole Gilmore 973-399-6875
Mount Vernon Elementary School Parent Coordinator: Ms. Clara Thomas 973-399-6800 Ext 1417
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext 1115
- Have the opportunity to participate in monthly or bi-monthly meetings and/or workshops organized by the Parent Coordinator, PTA and/or teachers with a focus on academics, social development, school-wide initiatives, parenting, etc.
- Have the opportunity to serve on the School Leadership Council and/or School Safety Team.
- Receive quarterly progress reports and communication (telephone, e-mail, conferences and letters) from teachers regarding their child’s attendance, academic and social progress.
- Have the opportunity to visit their child’s classroom to observe academic and/or behavioral performance with 24 hours advanced notice to the school administrator.
- Have the opportunity to support the development their child’s academic and behavioral intervention plan through the Intervention and Referral Services Committee (I&RS) or through the Child Study Team (CST) as appropriate.
- Be provided with a quarterly newsletter to keep them informed of various school and district initiatives with regard to their child’s education.
- Have access to the district website where they can access the school’s website, PowerSchool and calendar of events.
- Have the opportunity to attend Open House to meet their child’s teacher, and receive an overview of the curriculum, and school expectations.
- Be provided with official school correspondence in the language representative of the language spoken at home as per the Home Language Survey when possible.
- Be provided with learning opportunities and resources such as technology and training opportunities to support their children with remote instruction.