Madison Avenue Elementary School Principal: Ms. Malikita Wright 973-399-2903 Ext 2902
Madison Avenue Elementary School Parent Coordinator: Ms. Sythnia Pender-Jones 973-399-6800 Ext 2912
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext 1115
- Have the opportunity to participate in monthly virtual workshops organized by the ParentCoordinator and/or teachers with a focus on academics, social development, parenting etc.
- Have the opportunity to serve on the School Leadership Council and School Safety Team.
- Have the opportunity to participate in virtual workshops, presentations and meetings facilitated by the PTA.
- Receive quarterly progress reports and communication (telephone, e-mail, virtual conferences and letters) from teachers regarding their child’s academic and social progress.
- Have the opportunity to visit their child’s virtual classroom to observe academic performance with 24 hours advance notice to the school administrator.
- Have the opportunity to develop academic intervention plans through the Intervention and Referral Services Committee (I & RS).
- Be provided with a quarterly newsletter to keep parents informed of various school and district initiatives that are occurring in their child’s education.
- Have access to the district website where they can access the school’s website and calendar of events.
- Have the opportunity to attend virtual Open House to meet their child’s teacher, and receive an overview of the curriculum, and school expectations.