Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and for the safety and security of the students and staff, parents and visitors will not be permitted into the building except by appointment only (e.g. Registration Office).
- Visitors will gain admittance in the school after they have been pre-screened, to include a temperature check by the front desk security officer.
- All visitors must enter and exit the building using the main entrance. This includes all District employees (Maintenance, Supervisors, Directors, Technology Coaches, Consultants, etc.) and report to the Security Desk for sign-in instructions.
- Beginning with Phase III of the Reopening Plan, parents dropping their children off between 8:30 and 9:05 a.m. will need to bring their own writing instrument (pen) and sign their child in. The student will be escorted to the multipurpose room by a Security Officer to await pickup by a staff member.
- Parents of students arriving after 9:05 a.m. must sign in at the Security Desk. A staff member will then escort the student to class.
- All visitors must state the purpose of their visit and show a photo ID at the Security desk. They will complete a color-coded pass that they must carry to and from their destination (i.e. nurse, registration, main office, etc.).
- Security guards will greet guests as follows:a. Good morning/afternoon
b.Welcome to Augusta Preschool Academy
c. May I see a picture ID?
d. How may I assist you?
e. Please sign in
- Visitors will record their name, time and destination in the sign-in book located at the security desk in the front lobby.
- The Security Guard will communicate the following:● Please keep your pass displayed throughout your visit.
● When you leave, please return to the security desk and sign out.
● Please report to the Main Office. All visitors who have appointments for registration will be escorted by a security officer to the Registration Office.
● Enjoy your visit.
- Security will inform the office staff/registration staff that a visitor is on his/her way to the main office.
- Security will observe as the visitor enters the office.
- Office staff will greet the visitor within 60 seconds of arrival.
a. Good morning/afternoon. How may I help you?
- If the visitor requests to interact with staff or students, the office staff will request a photo ID and confirm the visitor’s identity against the student’s EmergencyRelease Form. If the visitor cannot be confirmed, the visit or removal of the student will not be allowed.
Types of visits:
- Meeting with a teacher – The teacher will meet with parents virtually.
- Outside agency request to visit or sign out student (e.g., DCPP)- ID must be produced and copied. Contact the administrator for permission to proceed.
- Early Pickup – The office staff will validate the individual on the Emergency Release Form or verify the Parent’s ID, inform the teacher, and ask security to escort the student to the Main Office for dismissal. The visitor must sign the student out.
- Visitors should never be unaccompanied in the halls. If this occurs, a security guard must ask the following:
- Good morning/afternoon. How may I help you?
- Please wait while I confirm with the office.
- Security will inquire via walkie-talkie and make sure that the visitor remains with her/him.
- If the visit is confirmed, the security guard will escort the visitor to her/his destination.
- If the visit is not confirmed, the security guard will escort the visitor from the building.
- A visitor’s ‘point of contact’ must accompany all visitors at all times while
they are in the building, e.g. Registration clerk must be with the visitor until he/she is escorted out of the building by a security officer.
- Should there be a fire evacuation, the point of contact will
accompany the visitor out of the building and to the evacuation point.
- Parents will remain outside of the building for dismissal. Parents will sign their child out and teachers will dismiss students to their parent(s). report to the multipurpose room between 2:50 – 3:00 p.m. for dismissal and sign their child out. Parents won’t come to the classrooms. Dismissal will be in the multipurpose room, and parents who come after 3:00 p.m. will report to the multipurpose room to sign their child out at the designated table.
- When the visitor leaves, he/she must report to the security desk to sign out.
- Sign out sheets for each class will be located on the designated tables at the entrance of the building.
- Students must be signed out before departure from the building and parents
must include the time in which the child is leaving.