Visitors are not allowed entrance at any exit except for the Main Entrance. This includes all District employees (Maintenance, Supervisors, Directors, Technology Coaches, Consultants, etc.)
Security guards will greet guests as follows:
a. Good morning/afternoon.
b.Welcome to Grove Street: The Home of the Champions for Children
c. How may I assist you?
Visitors will record their name, time, and destination in the sign-in book located at the security desk in the front lobby. The Security Guard will verify the handwriting is correct and legible.
The Security Guard will issue a visitor pass with the visitor’s name, destination, and date.
The security guard will communicate the following:
a. Please display your pass for the entirety of your visit.
b. When you leave, please return to the security desk return your pass to Security and sign out.
c. Please report to the Main Office.
d. Enjoy your visit.
Security will inform the office staff that a visitor is on his/her way to the main office. Office staff will respond.
Security will inform office staff via walkie talkie that a visitor is on her/his way to the main office.
- Office staff will respond within one minute.
- Security will observe as the visitor enters the office.
- Office staff will greet the visitor with a smile as they enter the main office. “Good morning/afternoon. How may I help you?”
- If the visitor requests to interact with staff or students, office staff will confirm the visitor’s identity. Office staff may request photo identification which may be copied. *If the visitor is not documented (via Power School or the Student Emergency Form) the visit or removal of student will not be allowed.
Types of visits:
Meeting with a teacher – The teacher will confirm the appointment and teacher will meet the visitor in the guidance counselor’s conference room.
Visit the class – The teacher will confirm the appointment and office staff will wait for a security guard to escort the visitor to the requested class. The teacher will call for security to escort the visitor back to the main office or security desk at the conclusion of the class visit. If this is a surprise visit for the student, the visitor must be escorted by an administrator.
Meet with a student – Meet with a student – Office staff will ask about the nature of the visit and call the teacher to send the student to the office with a pass.
Outside agency request to visit or sign out student – ID must be produced and copied. Contact administrator for permission to proceed.
Sign a student out – The office staff will confirm the visitor, inform the teacher, and request security to escort the student to the Main Office for dismissal. The visitor must sign the student out in the Student Sign Out book.
Students who are leaving for medical reasons will also sign out in the medical office.
- If visitors are ever unaccompanied in the halls, a security
guard must ask the following:– Good morning/afternoon. How may I help you?
– Please wait while I confirm with the office.
– Security will inquire via walkie-talkie and make sure that the visitor remains with her/him.
– If the visit is confirmed, the security guard will escort the visitor to her/his destination.
– If the visit is not confirmed, the security guard will escort the visitor from the building.
When the visitor leaves, he/she must report to the security desk to sign out and return the visitor’s pass.
- Should there be a fire or any other emergency or drill, the point of contact will accompany the visitor in executing the requirements of the school’s protocol.
- Parents/Guardians who desire to observe a class must speak with the Principal to arrange an appointment 24 hours prior to the visit.
- There will be no visitor-teacher conference during instructional time. A copy of a teacher’s schedule is available upon request from the Main Office.
- At dismissal time, all students who are not picked up in a timely manner will be escorted to the waiting area (auditorium) by their teachers or security on duty. Parents and guardians who arrive late must report to the security officer in the main lobby to pick up and sign out their child/children. The Security Guard will use the walkie-talkie to contact school personnel stationed in the auditorium and request that they send the student to the main lobby.