Parental Involvement Policy
Parent Coordinator/School Social Worker: Elizabeth Rollox 973-399-600 ext. 2413
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext: 1115
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, as we continue to focus on the safety and wellbeing of all stakeholders, parents and visitors will not be permitted into the school building for gatherings and assemblies. Face-to-face meetings/conferences will be avoided as often as possible and replaced by virtual meetings, emails, and phone conversations. We will continue to keep the lines of communication open, as we are here to serve our students and their families. Parents will continue to participate in the following:
- Attend monthly virtual Parent Workshops presented by the School’s Social Worker, School Nurse, or the Parent Coordinator that will focus on academics, social-emotional development, health & safety, and other pertinent topics.
- Join and participate in virtual Parent/Teacher Association meetings hosted by Grove Street School PTA.
- Complete an annual school survey in the spring, which will apprise the school of their opinions and suggestions regarding programs, activities, workshops and experiences at Grove Street School.
- Receive Progress Reports and ongoing communications from staff regarding their child’s academic progress and social-emotional development via telephone, email, ClassDojo, virtual and in-person conferences, letters, etc.
- Participate virtually in Preschool Intervention and Referral Team (PIRT) Meetings, Intervention & Referral Services (I&RS) Meetings, Individual Education Plan (IEP) Meetings and 504 Meetings regarding the development of their child’s academic/behavioral and social emotional intervention plan.
- Have the opportunity to serve on the School Leadership Council and School Safety Team.
- Request a virtual or in-person conference with the building administrator.