Berkeley Terrace Principal: Mr. Sean Evans 973-399-6850
Berkeley Terrace Parent Coordinator: Jennifer Parris 973-399-6800 Ext: 2304
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext: 1115
- Have monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly workshops with Parent Coordinator that will focus on academics, social development, conflict resolution, and time management skills.
- Have the opportunity to attend a presentation on assessment data at the October/November PTA meeting at our school.
- Have the opportunity to participate on the School Leadership Council and School Safety Team.
- Receive quarterly progress reports and communication (telephone, e-mail, conferences, Twitter, and letters) from teachers regarding their child’s academic progress.
- Have the opportunity to visit their child’s classroom to observe academic performance with 24 hour notice to the school principal.
- Have the opportunity to develop academic intervention plans through the Intervention and Referral Services Committee (I & RS).
- Have the opportunity to receive the Parental Involvement Policy in a language they can understand, such as Spanish.
- Have the opportunity to receive training, user name and password for the parent portal in order to monitor the academic progress of their children.
- Have notification of any updates to the Parental Involvement Policy in a timely manner to meet the changing needs of the students, parents, and the school.
- Have the opportunity to attend school meetings, which will be held at varied times to encourage participation. Notification will occur through school memos, school website, automated phone system, monthly school calendar, Channel 34, and Twitter.
- Have the opportunity, with assistance from the District Family/Community Advocate and Parent Coordinator, to provide materials and training, such as information regarding the Curriculum Standards and using technology to assist parents to work with their children to improve their academic achievement; and to foster parental involvement through Parental Workshops, Family Nights, Field Day, fundraising, English Learning Classes and PTA meetings.
- Have the opportunity to be recognized as Parent of the Month.