Thurgood Marshall Principal: Ms. Stacey Love
Thurgood Marshall Parent Coordinator: Cindy Clark 973-399-6800 Ext 2219
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext 1115
- Be encouraged to attend school wide events including conferences, assemblies, concerts, PTA meetings, and Bring Your Parent to School Day.
- Be accountable for their child’s academic performance.
- Actively participate in their child’s education on a daily basis.
- Have monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly workshops with Parent Coordinator that will focus on academics, social development, conflict resolution, and time management skills.
- Have the opportunity to attend a presentation on assessment data at the first PTA meeting of the school year.
- Establish effective and meaningful partnerships with their child’s school by participating in the decision making process at the school, by having the opportunity to participate on the School Leadership Council and School Safety Team.
- Receive quarterly progress reports and communication (telephone, e-mail, conferences, and letters) from teachers regarding their child’s academic progress.
- Communicate with their child’s teacher and stay abreast of his or her academic, social and emotional development in school.
- Have the opportunity to visit their child’s classroom to observe academic performance with 24 hours’ notice to the school principal.
- Have the opportunity to help develop academic intervention plans through the Intervention and Referral Services Committee (I & RS).
- Be provided with a book give away sponsored by Reading is Fundamental (RIF) twice a year to add to home-library, to foster reading at home.
- Have the opportunity to serve as parent volunteers in various areas of need throughout 2019- 2020 school year.
- Receive information related to the school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities in an understandable and uniform format, including alternative formats upon request, and, if possible, in Spanish, French and Creole.
- Receive training for the Parent Portal via Power School in order to monitor the academic progress of their child and communicate more effectively with staff members.
- Have the opportunity to meet with the Superintendent of Irvington Public Schools at the Superintendent’s quarterly forums.