Parental Involvement Policy
Augusta Preschool Academy Parent Coordinator: VACANCY 973-399-6868 Ext 1540
District Family Community Advocate: Ms. Patricia Wilson 973-399-6800 Ext: 1115
- Attend monthly workshops hosted by the School Social Worker that will focus on academics, social development, health & safety, and kindergarten transitions.
- Be encouraged to join and actively participate in the Parent/Teacher Association at Augusta Preschool Academy
- Complete an annual school survey in the spring, which will inform the school of their feelings regarding the programs, activities, workshops and experiences at Augusta.
- Attend class assemblies throughout the year.
- Have the opportunity to participate on the School Leadership Council.
- Receive progress reports and on-going communications (via telephone,
Conferences, letters) from teachers regarding their child’s academic progress.
- Have the opportunity to visit classrooms to observe the academic performance of their child with 48 hours’ notice to the school principal.
- Participate in “Bring Your Parent to School Day”, Read Across America and Celebrity Read activities.
- Serve as a chaperone on a class trip.
- Participate collaboratively with the Preschool Intervention and Referral Team (PIRT) in the development of their child’s academic/behavioral intervention plan.
- Participate in the Breast/Colon Cancer and the Autistic Awareness walks.
- Have the opportunity to participate in approved multicultural classroom activities in the presence of certified staff. Parents may create cultural centers throughout the school, read a favorite book, sing a song in their native language, share special photos and participate in multicultural crafts.